Thursday, June 23, 2011

Minecraft tips, even though Monday is Minecraft day.

I thought I'd post something about Minecraft today, since I figured.. a lot of my friends don't know how to apply a Texture pack. And lately, we've been having a blast with Minecraft on our secret-friend-server.

So first off, you will need something called the Minecraft Patcher
-http://www.mediafire.com/?wlw9epn9g0dbzc1

I figured I'd give you links, since a lot of my friends tend to be stup-- I mean, really lazy.

Next off, when you have downloaded the patcher, you should put the patcher in an easy folder, like on your desktop. Unless you're like me, I tend to keep my desktop clean.

But anyways, it should look something like this:












I also took my time to make a folder called "Texture packs" in there, as you can see. Believe me, it'll be a lot better to make a different folder to the texture packs, unless you're a person who likes chaos.

The next part is kind of easy.
You should go to:
-http://www.planetminecraft.com/resources/texture_packs/

And download whatever texture pack you want! I would recommend you to download a texture pack with the resolution 32x32, since those packs tend to be nice. We are currently using the Johnsmith v73_a Texture pack, and it is looking nice!

Now, I want you to find that .zip file you just downloaded, do not unzip it! Just cut it, and paste it to the "Texture packs" folder you made in the Minecraft folder. This is important, do NOT unzip it by any means.

Now is the part you should open your Minecraft patcher.
And it should look like this:












Now! You're probably all helpless and confused, but no worries! I'm here to help. Next thing you should do is to Check the box to Texture Pack, and when you have done that, the Texture pack "line" should become highlighted. Now, go to Browse and do try to remember where you put the unzipped texture pack.

You're almost done! When you have located your Texture pack, then you have to "Patch" it, you see it at the bottom.

And this is the screen we've all been waiting for! The victory screen! Yay! Now you have a new texture pack, and if you want to go back to Default, just unpatch it.

That's it!

Hope this has been helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment